A Digital production and Technical expert, has gained invaluable work experience from a year long placement within a world leading video games company as well as a years experience working in a fast paced Post & Pre production company. I am seeking my next challenge to work for a creative, challenging and a learning curve company where I can pursue my ambition to be a leading professional in the field of IT and media with challenging new possibilities.
3D Modelling Applications: 3D Studio Max,Cinema 4D, Maya, Mocha Pro
Audio/Visual Applications:Adobe Soundbooth, Mocha Pro, Nuke, Realflow, Boujou Pixo
Design Applications:Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Audience
Hardware:Mac OS, Sony FS100/FS700/HVR Z5E/Ex3, Canon 7D/5D II & III, Red One/Basic, Intel A Jib Pro,
RedRock Micro Eye, Manfrotto Fig Rig, ATEM TV Studio
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
2007-2011 University of Greenwich, London
Bsc (Hons) in Digital Animation & Production 1st Class
Final Year Dissertation: Dynamics of shattering FX in Film
2005-2007 Arena Multimedia College, Sri Lanka
Advanced Diploma in Multimedia A
Jan 2013 Media Workshop (Dubai)
Head of Media Graphics Artist/Media Production Technician
Eyeondubai and Pulse Network (Tecom Service Channel)
● Manage production equipment and inventory.
● Test and give training on new devices (Production Equipments and Softwares)
● Support on Audio and Video Visual system
● Content Design and media Planning on Eye on Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Pulse
● IPTV integration and technical analysis setup
● Design and Edit graphics contents
● Develop new contents and components to Channel and Networks.
● Create contents for web and create event materials
● Schedule and Verify playback content on community screen (PulseTECOM channel)
● Produce Graphics contents for the in House channel and Pulse Network.
● Research on technical issues for the Company and develop new infrastructure
Fig Tree Film (UK) http://figtreefilm.tv/
Motion Graphics Artist/Production assistant Nov 2011 - Nov 2012
● Working as the sole motion graphics artist in this media production company.
● Setup cameras, Lighting and props for the Set.
● Cameraman operating and handling different types of kit on location at shoots around the country.
● Setup and work on Greenscreen and Rotoscoping.
Best Buy Europe (United Kingdom) Oct 2010 - Nov 2011
IT Specialist - Geek Squad
● IT Specialist in hardware and Software troubleshooting
● Apple Trained and professional expert in MAC OS and Creative Application
● Capable of Switching PC to MaC within 20 mins of anyone with demos.
● Expert in Diagnosing and trobule shooting.
● Team leader for GeekSquad London.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (UK) Aug 2009 - Aug 2010
Special Project Assistant
● One year placement working full time at the European headquarters for PlayStation.
● Working within the Creative department and being mentored by a senior Graphics artist and 3D animation specialist.
● Helped work on many titles used in high profile games such as the opening sequence for eyePet and trailers for adverts.
● Improved rendering speed by suggesting a technique used at University.
● Improved processing time of subtitling into games and video with my research in new technologies.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
● Featured in a Industrial Magazine (Imagine Magazine July 2011 Issue)
● Featured in University of Greenwich (CMS) best Student VFX research Project (2011)
● Awarded certificate for the services rendered to the school magazine (2007)
● Awarded trophy for special contribution to the school (2007)
● Solely responsible for designing the first website for Human Rights Association of Sri Lanka (2005)
Fluent in Tamil and Sinhalese
Aside from the passions for technology and multimedia, I enjoy playing sports and especially cricket.